Personal experiences: Summer is here

Its been a while so time for an update. Its summer, time for t-shirts, barbecue and holiday with friends and acquaintances but more than before I feel out of place in my age bracket. Feeling youthful also significantly influences the mind in a rejuvenating way. Similarly at work I gravitate to the younger age bracket. Interestingly in work / business meetings where I am the most senior person customers, suppliers or other guests gravitate more to the “older, more seriously” looking ones present instead of me. When I was actually young I probably found it logical now it is feeling a little weird. I noticed as result I have started to mention my age more to avoid this……how strange is that.

On the anti-aging front I am still gaining against time, at least that is how I perceive it. Energy levels have been good already for a long time. Physically I have been good, fairly lean. Lately however my waistline has started to shrink further towards a more youthful appearance. The hair re-growth also continuous, its slow but steady. The eyesight however continuous to fluctuate and it feels improvement has leveled off. Best way to get it better is eating carrots, no joke when doing that daily they work better. To get some more bio markers I did an eye test which I will repeat every 6 months.

On the skin front the wrinkles don’t quite disappear but elasticity and extra cellular matrix are up, inline with what I wrote in my previous update. Overall I have a sense that skin continuous to improve. I decided to start making pictures of the eye edge wrinkles to see how those change over time. Here is the situation today (age 47):

eyecloseup

For the supplements I am doing pretty much what I wrote in the previous update (minor changes). Except that I scrapped the special 1-2 day sessions  as I am more a believer that changes will happen only at a slow pace:

• The anti-aging daily¬†base package: Nicotinamide Riboside (Niagen), Pterostilbene, Ginkho Biloba.
  • A rotating scheme of compounds for preventative¬†reasons: Honokiol, Quercetin, Luteolin, Fisetin,
  • This week I bought Rosemaric acid and will rotate that in combination with Fisetin because of the findings in this study which made me wondering whether they may also help reduce senescent cells (Caspase-3 signaling pathway was promoted in carnosic acid and fisetin co-treatment, which was accompanied by anti-apoptotic proteins of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xl decreasing and pro-apoptotic signals of Bax and Bad increasing. The death receptor (DR) of tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) was enhanced in carnosic acid and fisetin combined treatment).
  • And as I seem to have good results I still want to add I sport regularly, eat irregular typically towards a lower caloric regime (skipping lunch or breakfast at times, even dinner), no smoking, hardly drinking.

Till Later and have a great summer,

Timeless_One

5 thoughts on “Personal experiences: Summer is here

• August 10, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Turns out that quercetin inhibits an enzyme called CD38, which breaks down NAD. Thus, the quercetin provides a further boost to increasing cellular NAD levels. Quercetin should act synergistically with the nicotinamide riboside (Niagen).

• August 13, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Yes I also noticed studies about that, there is one quoted on the blog somewhere. I think one of the mysteries is why there is more CD38 as we age.

• September 3, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Hi,

As far as I can gather from your writings, you have not come across any studies or theoretical information that suggests one needs to cycle Nicotinamide Riboside and therefore you are taking it on a continued basis, right?

I guess with any positive stimulus, be it behavioral, supplement or whatever, the positive effect will be PERCEIVED as diminished over time. Though overall I am not even getting that sense from your writings and it appears that the subjective positive effects have continued essentially undiminished over time…

Thanks a ton for this awesome experiment.

• September 3, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Thanks for your comment and welcome! Yes the positive effects have continued and I see an increasing gap between my own state of youth fullness and my age peers. There have been a couple unintended breaks e.g. ran out and new order arrived too late but on the ballpark pretty much continuous. I have not seen any studies suggesting it should be cycled. I do cycle the other supplements e.g. honokiol, fisetin.

• September 3, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Excellent…. and so far is the highest dose you tried 3 x 125 mg = 375 mg per day? Have you ever tried a higher dose ? There is at least one person on Longecity, who has tried a short term megadose and the results were pretty good. If you have not tried an even higher dose, I would have to ask why not. After all between 125 and 375 milligrams the dose response relationship was linear and had not yet leveled off.

Finally (as a fellow bald guy), I am extremely intrigued by your experiences with topical application on the scalp. I will be starting a discussion on Longecity to further explore that aspect. Do you post on Longecity? If you do and would not mind contacting me there, please send a PM to Ovidus and hopefully you can chime in there also.

Again, thank you very much…